1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3 Scott Zolak edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 20, 2016.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

John Fox has to wonder every day why he didn't buy a house on Catalina and take up painting.

exmediahack likes this.
  2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

They should start listening to offers for Cutler. In a league where Brian Hoyer started a playoff game, someone will want him, and someone could use him. There is too much decay on the roster for him to keep around.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Taking the Bears job for two years will help him buy an extra bedroom for that house in Catalina.

A bedroom he can rent out to Marc Trestman.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That could create salary cap complications for the Bears and for any team dealing for Cutler. Given his demeanor on the sideline and his play, which is erratic at best, I'm not sure who is going to want the headache. Certainly, some desperate team could decide to roll the dice, but I don't think it would be a good idea.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I believe Cutler's contract is no longer guaranteed. The cap hit would not be what it would have been the past two years. The new regime seems pretty ruthless (in a good way), so I don't see Cutler returning. I also don't think they will be able to trade him. He'll find a job elsewhere next year.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Would he even want to find a job in the league next year? He seems like a more surly version of Drew Bledsoe, i.e. someone who has talent for the game but for whom it is truly a job, mired in drudgery and toil.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

It wouldn't surprise me if Cutler walked away. But the alternative is spending time with his wife.

Big Circus likes this.
  8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I think new scenery would help. The experiment has soured.
    All-time Cutler comp Jeff George went up to Minnesota, as a backup, and wound up getting to play and having one of his better seasons with a good team.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The most surprising thing about the story is Hardy decided to stay in the Dallas area.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

No state income tax.

Oh, wait, he doesn't have a job.

Draft saved Draft deleted