1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3 Scott Zolak edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Sir Toppam Hat

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Well, another game, another key player apparently lost for the Chargers: Manti Te'o goes down with no one around him in Indianapolis and it's been confirmed as an Achilles injury, which I don't think is ever a day-to-day thing.

I know things were going to be iffy for San Diego this year, but geez!

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Imaginary Olinemen get him?

dixiehack, Jake_Taylor and HanSenSE like this.
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Lennay's spirit makes the tackle.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

One of these weeks, Wentz is going to do something that isn't perfect, and the Browns braintrust can point to the TV and say "See? Not Top 20!"

6. That's the Steelers defense we've come to know; little pressure, stupid penalties, can't get off the field on third down, and give up big plays.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wentz continues to impress and the Pittsburgh defense is a disaster. Eagles push their lead to 20-3 early the third quarter.

Also, Timmons sent to the hospital with his leg injury.

8. outofplace

Yet another injury. Eli Rogers out with a toe injury as things just get uglier. The Steelers have completely fallen apart. Been a while since they've gotten their asses handed to them this badly.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Does Wheaton know that touching the ball with both hands doesn't count unless you catch it?

10. outofplace

Fits in with the rest of the team. Aside from Antonio Brown, the Steelers have been absolutely horrible in every way.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Watching Seattle suck for two weeks and then take apart the 49ers today got me thinking about how hard it is to genuinely suck for long stretches of a season in the NFL. The talent level is so good that it's hard to go more than about three weeks at a time without things evening out.
    So I looked it up. From 2012-15, league wide, there were 59 losing streaks of four games or longer. Two of those were winless streaks that included a tie. A third of them -- 20, to be exact -- belonged to Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Cleveland and Tennessee. Five other teams had three four-game losing streaks.
    Five teams (New England, Denver, Indianapolis, Seattle and Buffalo) have not lost four in a row in that stretch.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hey, a good point by Phil Simms -- the Bridgewater injury that led to the Sam Bradford trade might have been the best thing that could have happened to the Eagles this season.

Draft saved Draft deleted