1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3 Scott Zolak edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 20, 2016.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I'm not loving this... yet. I have a substantial financial interest in the Bills minus 8.5 wins.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I can't believe this post had no likes until now. Great pull.

Gator likes this.
  3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

What a special snowflake he must be.

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

There likely is a large contingent of posters who have no idea who, or what, that is.

5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

*clap*

*clap clap*

*clap clap clap*

*clap clap clap clap clap*

*clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap *

Gator and Baron Scicluna like this.
  6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

He could do it with 2016, 49 year old Holloway.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Handful of empty seats at the Panthers game, at least in the end zone.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Interesting play in Packers-Lions. Detroit kicks off toward the side. GB returner Ty Montgomery goes out of bounds and then grabs the ball at like the 3-yard line. Because he went OB first, the kick is considered OB even though the ball never was, and the Packers get the ball at the 40.

It looked like Montgomery was doing that on purpose.

9. dixiehack

I'm not a fan of the NFL piling on rules to close weird loopholes, but that one needs to be shut down.

10. dixiehack

Word of advice to Blair Walsh: If you want the PAT attempt on the right hash, don't push the kick wide right.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Cue the circus music for the end of the half in the Tennessee/Oakland game. Between the Titans not calling timeouts, throwing an interception, the clock operator not starting the clock, the refs declaring the half over, the Titans beating feet to the lockerroom, then the refs declairing there are 3 seconds left, then saying the half was over because the clock didn't start.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

He was. They know the rule. A few years ago they had a KO returner do the same thing, though the ball was closer to the sideline. I think it was Jordy Nelson, actually. He fielded the ball with a foot out of bounds and they got it at the 40.

EDIT: It was Randall Cobb in 2012.

Randall Cobb takes advantage of bizarre NFL rule

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted