1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Job Opening - Sports Reporter - Cedar Park, Texas

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by scottwcoleman, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I suppose with a gig like that there might be some opportunity to supplement the income with side freelance gigs for UT sports and some minor league websites. Of course it's not as thought you wouldn't already be working hard enough and you couldn't necessarily count on steady money that way.

2. sshap36

sshap36 Member

I'm the guy currently in this position, which to my knowledge is changing a bit after I leave (I'm moving to Dallas next month).

I'm an independent contractor that's managed the coverage for the past 18 months as the de facto sports editor. For me this was just one of my projects, I'm also a full-time freelancer and helped manage a couple other weeklies in Central Texas during that time.

If anyone has any questions about the schools, the area, the coverage, or anything else feel free to ask.

3. scottwcoleman

scottwcoleman New Member

I was told yesterday that a candidate accepted the position.

Draft saved Draft deleted