1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Displaying unchecked confidence, the Democrat’s
    paid consultants see plenty of paths to the White House.

Now is not the time for "unchecked confidence."

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I wonder if Trump has overplayed his Assange hand at this point. In other words, I wonder if the anticipation of a Wikileaks bombshell is already baked into the polling, to the point that what actually does come out may either be a disappointment, or may not move the needle. It's just a theory. I could also see it having an impact. It seems like if Republicans can create the feeling that every day brings a new round of email and Foundation shenanigans, Trump benefits.

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

And for Today's shenanigans we have a gem:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/02/u...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

WASHINGTON — A top aide to Hillary Clinton at the State Department agreed to try to obtain a special diplomatic passport for an adviser to former President Bill Clinton in 2009, according to emails released Thursday, raising new questions about whether people tied to the Clinton Foundation received special access at the department.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sherman's done great reporting on this story, on his second take at it, after a lawsuit was filed, and the dam had broken.

Congratulations?

I mean, this isn't Joe Posnanski on Joe Paterno, but he dug into Ailes and FOX for a year, and wrote a book, and he missed the big story.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The question as re: whether this happened is actually new?

6. YankeeFan

Who could have predicted such a thing?

(Where's @RickStain when I need him?)

Dick Whitman likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Examine that statement, and I mean, be really introspective about it.

9. Earthman

10. jojoblack

jojoblack Active Member

As a voter, why should I give a shit any more about money buying access in politics? Haven't we been told that's just the way it is and we just need to use our little vote as effectively as possible? As a Virginian, I was frothing at the mouth about Smirking Bob McDonnell selling access but, silly me, it turns out it was simply a case of no harm, no foul as it didn't affect policy. Anything more to see here?

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I honestly can't believe you would be comfortable with that sideshow carnival barker as president.

12. Earthman

I think you have it about right. I'm a little bit concerned though about the state department apparently
    selling access to foreigners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.