1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks again, AP

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, Jul 25, 2011.

1. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

I think they wanted to wait until after the Conventions and Olympics before having everyone move over to newsroom.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Thanks. Our boss likes keeping us out of the loop and for whatever reason we haven't been getting these e-mails.

Batman likes this.
  3. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Thanks! I don't have an Exchange account, so I didn't get the e-mails. Luckily, my former coworker's account (which I used long before she left and now for about three years after!) transferred over and I was able to set one up under my own e-mail address.

Batman likes this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

During the Olympics I was reminiscing a bit about my journalism days (I first learned/did the slot during the '84 games) and got to thinking about how pictures came over the wire back then. I would assume the days of those slick B&W pictures (or separations) piling up in a box at the foot of the photo machine are long gone. Now, what, you just go to a website and look for the right folder(s)?

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Closer to Google image search. Go in, search for the right slug code or keyword, and download the photos you want.

6. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Dear AP,
    Want to maybe double check your baseball box scores, especially for the closers who now have their saves followed by a random three-digit number. I'm guessing this is saves-total save opportunities, but I don't think K-Rod has had 373 save chances this season.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

P.S. — AP Exchange still operating as of Monday night. It's like the Abe Vigoda of web sites.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Don't jinx it. My login isn't working for AP Newsroom for whatever reason. Hoping Exchange stays up for at least another day or two.

I Should Coco likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It's Saves against blown saves. K-Rod has 37 saves against 3 blown saves (373). Saves/Opportunities would mean he had 3 saves in 73 chances which would be a one-way ticket to getting cut or 37 saves in 3 opportunities, which is impossible.

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

It is the Tigers bullpen we're talking about.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Fair enough, I shouldn't impose logic with the Tigers (even if that means they would have to have blown 70 9th inning leads and still win 71 times in 132 games).

But regardless, K-Rod has 37 saves in 40 opportunities with 3 blown saves and thus AP's criptic 373.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Final scores are important, y'all.

Tom Coyne forgot that in his recap from Duke-Notre Dame, just FYI.

Draft saved Draft deleted