1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kaepernick sits out the anthem

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Aug 27, 2016.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

As much as I hate the term "system quarterback," he was fine in the Pistol at Nevada and Harbaugh's read-option. Not so good at whatever the heck Tomsula did last year. And he doesn't seem to have the skill set for a Kelly offense.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How many white guys were shooting tommy guns at Elliott Ness and the boys back in the day when booze was legal?

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I see a distinction between heroin and gin. I also see how it's none of the government's business if one chooses to be heroin addict. As long as everyone else does not have to deal with the collateral effects of heroin addiction.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Great point, but the government still treats pot like heroin.

And pharma companies peddle opioids that create addicts and send them to heroin. But that's legal and all.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

8. heyabbott

It shouldn't be, and has significant;y less collateral issues. Probably less collateral issues than alcohol and gambling. But weed wasn't the cause of the 80- 90's murder epidemic.

9. heyabbott

took me 3 years to go to law school. Passed the bar on my first attempt. Got my LLM in 3 years but that was going to night law school, 2 classes a semester for 6 semesters. I don;t know where 8 years comes from. Most NFL lineman went to college for 4 years, degree not required.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

He was a productive if overrated starter for years before that shit went down. Kaepernick has shown less promise with each year and he's about to get beat out by a guy considered among the biggest busts of the past decade. What really is the upside?

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Lady Gaga's new song?

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted