1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2016 Week 1 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Aug 29, 2016.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'd enter this debate about nonconference schedules, but my team is Iowa ...

But if Songbird is trying to say Pac-12 teams play a tougher schedule than SEC teams, I wouldn't disagree. Especially with the extra conference game; to me, that's the biggest problem comparing power leagues.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm sure the SEC would consider adding another conference game, especially since Vandy can legally schedule 12 games a year.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

As one of the sickos who has action on Kansas OVER 1.5 wins in 2016, the next two Saturdays are going to be me pacing as I refresh my Twitter to get the scores. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until the Cyclones come to town for that second win.

4. exmediahack

I'm guessing he was conceived at a La Quinta Inn??

5. exmediahack

I'd like to hop on that but it feels like me trying to talk myself into Arkansas beating the Michael Irvin Hurricanes 29 years ago.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Who made Hawaii's schedule? I know the game with Cal was a late add, but going from Oz to Ann Arborn without a bye week? Not that Hawaii has much of a chance anyway ...

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I guess when you live in Hawaii the concept of long plane flights is relative.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Not their fault Iowa State sucks.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's clear the Pac-12 has better scheduling top to bottom. The fact the SEC doesn't play nine conference games is clearly a joke. But they get away with it because, well, they're the SEC.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Week 1 butthurt!

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The alleged No. 1 team in the land has this as 25 percent of its regular-season schedule:

home vs. Western Kentucky
    home vs. Kent State
    home vs. Chattanooga

No Georgia. No Florida. No South Carolina. Hell, no Vanderbilt. If they're good enough to be in your conference, what's the harm in playing them?

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I understand what you're saying, but Western Kentucky would probably beat South Carolina or Vandy by two touchdowns.

Draft saved Draft deleted