1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kaepernick sits out the anthem

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Aug 27, 2016.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

The thing I most enjoyed about this story breaking over the weekend is I knew, when I booted up my laptop Monday morning, this thread would be waiting for me. You guys have not disappointed. Much appreciated.

Ace likes this.
  2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

They are irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Kaepernick never mentioned them and neither did I.

Do we have a thread about them? I'll be happy to go over there to post about them if you're interested in my thoughts, but no reason to bog down this thread.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I would love to ride in a limousine.

I am not sure what your scale is for people being exposed to the different ways of life that exist in America, but given where I live and the socioeconomic makeup of our public schools (which my kids attend) and the surrounding neighborhoods, I'd be willing to bet large that I do not qualify as a limousine liberal.

I'm not sure how to categorize you, other than as a person who is a lot angrier with the world than he should be given his position and the treatment he receives. ... So, "Trump voter" maybe?

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

It can be posted here. He said the country oppresses black people and people of color. Unless he added to his explanation I don't think he gave specific cities.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Given my position? What do you know of my socioeconomic standing? If you were adept at reading comprehension, you'd know I wouldn't vote for Trump at the end of a bayonet. But neither am I so wracked by white guilt that I'm going to rubber stamp the actions of every athlete who thinks he's making a coherent political protest when he's actually an idiot.

6. LongTimeListener

I see. But if he were to use that time to protest the government funding of NFL stadiums, you'd be with him, as you said previously. That makes lots and lots of sense. But he's an idiot for choosing this particular issue.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Right, he didn't cite Milwaukee as a reason for his protest. It's not really germane to this particular discussion.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Kaepernick's logic is far more coherent than yours.

FileNotFound likes this.
  9. CD Boogie

I didn't say I'd be with him on anything. I simply think it's bro-stancing to act like this issue is of such huge importance to him

10. LongTimeListener

Yes. You mentioned "black qb poser." We still don't know what that means, but I can see you're committed to deciding which parts of his blackness are authentic.

11. CD Boogie

You wouldn't win a debate contest taking that tack

12. CD Boogie

Oh, I guess you're beyond judgment calls. I forgot, you're a charter member of the SJ political correctness posse

Draft saved Draft deleted