1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't think you're wrong. But it's the only issue he ever makes any headway with. When he tried to make this a referendum on Donald Trump, he loses ground.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I feel like we've been over this a bunch though. Who beats her? Rubio maybe, although he revealed himself to be a total lightweight. Even if we stipulate, just for argument, that he could have been the GOP's version of Obama, he didn't have the oratory skills or the wit that Obama does.

Who else? Kasich maybe. But not a single one of his negatives ever had to be raised because he wasn't a threat.

She easily beats Cruz, Christie, Huckabee, Santorum, Fiorina, Paul, Perry, Graham, Walker, etc.

I give Jeb a better chance than some here in the general, but Bush fatigue might have sunk him too.

Their true chance was Rubio. And Christie went suicide debate bomber on him. If they don't want to blame Trump, they should blame Christie.

EDIT: I see now I misread this. You are saying who beats her in 2020. I still thing "generic Republican candidate" always polls better than an actual person. So we'll see who gets the baton. Cruz won't be the guy.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Alex Jones never said Sandy Hook was faked, except for all the times that he did.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Who beats her in 2020? Health and Father Time.

My bet is in autumn 2019, she drops out for health reasons. If a full blown health crisis doesn't take her out sooner.

And what a fire drill THAT will bring on, since there really is no heir apparent; most of Hillary's rivals are as old as she is.

Kaine might be the "Bingo Bob" of the HRC administration and become the front-runner by virtual default.

Quit nominating doddering old fossils.

7. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

I prefer nonfiction, but to each his or her own.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Yeah. I think I am finally figuring out why Outings/Gatherings don't happen anymore. Sad.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Oh, I bet the outings are fun. I highly doubt face to face interactions would produce this kind of theater.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You have much greater faith in humanity than I do.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I rely on common decency.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.