1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 LLWS thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Aug 22, 2016.

1. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Breaking news: Tim Tebow placed on waivers by Iowa.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah. I should amend to say I wouldn't be that surprised to see an international player make it 10 years down the road. This is their main outlet.

And shotty, yeah I understand that some guys stay more involved for the one last LLWS run ... but a lot more don't. Team USA plays in a 12U tournament, and a lot of places target Cooperstown ahead of the theoretical Williamsport trip. Plus the whole LL boundary thing is causing so many places to switch to Ripken, Pony or some other circuit.

Seoul Brothers kicking some ass, three HRs in two innings, looks like they'll have a rematch with Panama.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Are there any foreign major leaguers who played in the LLWS? In fact, the only American that I can think of is Peter Gammons favorite Sean Burroughs.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Michael Saunders played for Canada.

5. LongTimeListener

Jurickson Profar and Jonathan Schoop took Curacao to the championship in 2004. Profar was a lights out pitcher.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

He was very good. As Little Leaguers, Casey Gaynor was as good or better. His Shore Conference wins record was broken this season.

http://www.app.com/story/sports/high-school/baseball/2016/05/24/luca-dalatri-casey-gaynor/84837314/

Guy, who probably knows more NJ hs baseball than anyone, says Dalatri has a higher ceiling than Groome. Not sure I agree, but guy who said it knows his stuff.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Michael Conforto played in the LLWS, the CWS and the World Series.

9. LongTimeListener

Seoul Brothers killing Panama. Probably will have pitching lined up for championship game. That's never a good sign for the U.S.

10. jr/shotglass

I give New York a pretty fair chance tomorrow. They've got two of their best three arms available. And Harlost looked as dominant in regionals as Mancini looked today.

11. LongTimeListener

Did the reliever stay under 20? Just saw score, wasn't watching.

12. jr/shotglass

Yes. One pitch in the fifth, and despite the two-run homer in the sixth, pretty quick inning.

Draft saved Draft deleted