1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2016 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 26, 2016.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Totally caught off guard, not paying attention. Is this the first game of the season between teams in major conferences? Or at least one major conf.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

First between anyone anywhere that I know of. NDSU and Charleston Southern play lunchtime tomorrow. Unsure of anyone else.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Been looking forward to the start of the season. Geez, they went through their entire commercial rotation twice in the first 10 minutes. I'm sick of the Pizza Hut ad already. Was that the longest halftime break since the Up With People Orange Bowl?? Oh, here is the Pizza Hut ad again twice every commercial break.

exmediahack likes this.
  4. dixiehack

Hawaii playing defense like it has the Pizza Hut shits

5. dixiehack

I thought the whole point of Cal-Hawaii playing this early was to give them next weekend off. But no, Hawaii has to turn around and get ready for a Sept. 3 kickoff at Michigan. But I'm sure they're getting a high-quality education to compensate for all this travel.

6. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Best thing about this Cal v Hawaii game is the sideline work of Warren Smith. Ok, I'm partial because he's my ex and still a good friend, but considering this game is being called in Bristol, he's more than holding his own as the only ESPN reporter on site. (He actually works for FOX SPORTS Australia, calling rugby league games, but is on loan to ESPN for this one game, fulfilling a 20-year dream of his). They should've gone to him more.
    Otherwise, can't believe I watched nearly four hours of this
    dreck :)

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I noticed sideline crew wearing Fox Sports Australia gear; did FSA produce the game for ESPN? Or was there a dual broadcast with an FSA announcing crew in Oz?

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm guessing both.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Quick question: Is the upcoming opening weekend the greatest in the history of college football? (blue font)

10. dixiehack

image.jpeg

11. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Forgot that Tony Franklin left Cal for Middle Tennessee. Strange move. Cal found a nice replacement in Jake spavital though .

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Franklin's an Alabama country boy. I think he just didn't like living on the West Coast.

Draft saved Draft deleted