1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jimmy Garoppolo - There's not enough O's to describe him - preseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The first team played into the third quarter. Cutler, Jeffery, White, etc. But the OL is a mess. Center out for year, Long nursing a shoulder injury ... Perhaps the team is waiting to take the wraps off, but I'm not too confident that there's another gear in a John Fox offense.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I knew they had lost their center. I didn't know about the other problems up front. Most teams are pretty basic in the preason and that can hurt an offense, but with the starters in for a full half, that is pretty ugly.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Stupid futile gesture that is going to do nothing but affect his bottom line. He always sort of seems like he doesn't quite get it, and this is another example. Grandstanding. But hey, at least people are looking at him again...

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Anyone watching preseason games if it wasn't job related?

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Does the league force teams to play in the preseason if one of them can't otherwise fill out its home schedule? Because I don't see why a team would otherwise volunteer to risk their players on Oakland's dirt infield and plumbing held together with rat droppings.

EDIT: And that was written before Delaine Walker went off injured. Damnit

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  7. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Didn't his father have a problem in Green Bay with race?

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

That doesn't ring a bell. But as Eric Adelson aptly asked in a column today, "Instead of asking him to shut up, we should question him more. We should press him on his feelings on gun control, seeing that he posted a photo of himself with an assault rifle three years ago. A lot of the “bodies in the street” are the result of gun violence, so does Kaepernick have feelings on the relevant issue of gun control? What solutions does he have in mind?"

9. Mr. Sunshine

As I said on in the other thread, there is 0 chance someone didn't put this simpleton up to this.

FileNotFound likes this.
  10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Please. No more Skip Bayless commercials. If this extends into the season, I will lose it.

11. Mr. Sunshine

If the last two days are any indication, the Texans should beat the Bears 63-7 on the opening Sunday.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I have never watched his dopey show, and never seen him. Good god, is he kept in formaldehyde?

Draft saved Draft deleted