1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

KC has Duffy and Ventura going the next two days. If the Royals can get a sweep in Boston then this wildcard talk might actually be worth discussing.

exmediahack likes this.
  2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

If they do make it, Duffy back to the pen for the postseason again?

3. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Reyes makes his first start for the Cardinals vs. the A's tomorrow. That's a nice matchup to begin with.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Chris Sale CG, 14 Ks, 0 BBs.

L.

Winners win, though.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And it kept you up all night, huh?

He did give up three runs (in the first four innings, no less). Not exactly an unjust outcome.

JackReacher likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Not exactly, but it's not like it's the first time he or Quintsna has lacked run support. It gets old.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He's 15-7, 3.14. That's about right or close enough, right?

Bumgarner is 12-8, 2.44, with four late leads that the bullpen coughed up and two eight-inning "complete game" 1-0 losses. I see also that Kyle Hendricks is somehow 12-7, 2.19 despite playing with the third-best offense in the majors.

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I was there last night. I think I'm so numb to going and watching Chris Sale pitch great in person and lose that I can just enjoy the performance at this point.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

JA Happ knows how to win.

10. Dick Whitman

Kind of. The ERA is a little skewed because he got shellacked in a start against the Braves. Quintana is really the sympathetic one. But for both of them, it's been going on for years.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

They've inherited Mark Buehrle's run support, unfortunately.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Former Cy Young winner Corey Kluber making a push for his second award. Last loss was July 3. He's gone 6-0 in nine starts since, allowing 12 runs. He's now 14-8 with a 3.07 ERA and 178 Ks in 175.2 IP.

Draft saved Draft deleted