1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Ronald does not.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I call bullshit on his local McDonald's closing.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Translation: YF's got nothing, so he'll trot this lame bullshit out again.

Edit: My bad. Starman beat me to it.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sure he does. He did a poor job of kicking the Hamburglar's ass.

Just the facts ma am likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"The money better be worth it. Your check may be spring loaded."

7. YankeeFan

The Clintons have been selling access for years. It's their whole business model.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Call me cynical, but why are you bringing light to something that took place in 2000? This surprised/surprises you?

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Cynical is not the word that comes to mind.

10. YankeeFan

Getting someone else to pay the salary of a person in the Clinton's personal employ is another old trick of the Clinton's.

In this sob story from the Times about Hillary having to go to work after Bill lost his reelection bid for governor in Arkansas, instead of devoting herself full time to public service, we learn that one of Hillary's stressors was that she would no longer have a babysitter for Chelsea on the state payroll.

(Also unmentioned is that Bill's salary of $55,000 was a pay raise over what he received as Arkansas Governor, and equals about $170,000 in today's dollars, which would go a long way in Arkansas. They just had to pay for their own housing and child care.)

But his wife had a more pressing concern: money. The ousted governor needed a job, the family needed a place to live, and moving out of the governor’s mansion meant losing the help they had as they raised their 9-month-old daughter, Chelsea.

The morning after the election, Hillary Clinton worked the phones from the mansion, calling wealthy friends and asking for help.

11. YankeeFan

That's just the opening of the article. It sets the stage for what comes next.

Read it, and tell me what you think.

None of this is new for the Clintons.

12. YankeeFan

Hillary's spunky though. She did what every other middle class housewife does in times of financial peril: she picked up the phone in the mansion she was living in and called her wealthy friends looking for help.

Hokie_pokie and Mr. Sunshine like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.