1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks again, AP

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Nearly 90 minutes after the end of the Sprint Cup race and all they've moved is a 300-word extended brief with no quotes. Took them an hour to send results. I've adjusted and sent my pages, but I still had to come up with 150 words of brilliant bullshit to fill the space.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That's Gary B. Graves for ya. He pulls the same shit when he's covering Kentucky sports.

3. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

In the baseball leaders files, AP has Fernando Rodney and Brad Ziegler still with their former teams. In Ziegler's case, the wrong league.

Rodney got traded nearly two weeks ago.

4. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that be correct for Ziegler, since the stats don't carry over to his new league?

I'd think he should still be listed among the leaders in the NL with his NL numbers.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

9 p.m.
    FS1 — NASCAR, Camping World Truck Series, Aspen Dental Eldora Dirt Dirby, at New Weston, Ohio

Pretty sure that is not how you spell Derby.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Correct. Recall Willie McGee winning the NL batting title a few moons ago despite being traded to Oakland late in the season.

7. spadjo martin

spadjo martin Member

More AP goodness: Barclays golf starts today. It's the playoffs and we had a large section, so we go with a golf roundup. AP budget indicates photos will be available. Uh, not quite. We call the photo desk around 8:30 p.m. to see why no photos have moved. Desker apologizes, said they aren't shooting it until Sunday. Said he told his bosses it was stupid. Somebody added photos to the budget by mistake.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

AP Exchange goes into the dustbin of history Monday, so live it up this weekend.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Wonder why it hung around four months longer than promised? For whatever reason, I'm grateful.

If I could get Old Style in the PNW, I'd pour down a few in its honor ... :)

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think they've kept it around while they trained everybody on the new site. It was always "going away soon." The e-mail they sent out this week was the first time I'd actually seen a firm date.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

What is the new site? We finally got AP Exchange logins a few months ago.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

newsroom.ap.org

They've been sending out all kinds of e-mails to set up training sessions. Your AP Exchange login will work on the new site.

Draft saved Draft deleted