1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2016 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 26, 2016.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

At least no student managers were killed this time.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well, if the handgun was stolen the local sheriff should drop all charges. /'Bama off

Batman likes this.
  3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I will be in attendance. So far the ticket will cost more than USC's seven home games combined.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Must be the University of South Connecticut, since we know SEC schools don't play anyone out of conference.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think the market for those tickets here has gone soft, with people unenthusiastic about shelling out big bucks for a third trip to Jerryworld in 12 months.
    Furthermore, a really soft home schedule (Auburn and Texas A&M are the only interesting games) has left Bama scrambling to move tickets. Prices for the non-conference games have been slashed to $35 and the school even ran commercials for season tickets for the first time in my memory.

ChrisLong likes this.
  6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Not sure about the season tickets but the non-conference tickets they're selling now are from the visiting team allotment. Basically, the road teams didn't use all the tickets they were given, which is understandable given that those schools aren't going to travel the same number of fans as an SEC school.

7. dixiehack

Yeah, that's the push here at the end, and there's always some of that to an extent. But I haven't seen it to this degree before. Just a week or two ago they were pushing "mini plans" with the three non-conference dregs (actual Western Ky. is pretty good but doesn't move the needle) plus Miss. St. Of the four preseason Top 25 teams Bama has scheduled, none are in Tuscaloosa.

8. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

This is pretty awesome:

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

11. dixiehack

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Don't be messin' with Herky!