1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Backtracking on deportations is one thing. But is the wall still in play? I think most of us know it was never going to happen, but a lot of his true believers will lose it if that comes off the table.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Who would you rather kick out of the country or send to jail?

A Mexican who has been living here without papers for 20 years working as a roofer and raising a family that is going to public schools.

A CEO who bought the rights to a life-saving medication, raised the price of it tenfold over several years -- though the cost to produce it has not changed appreciably -- and gave herself a $17 million annual raise?

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think this ad might help Trump ...

4. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Not really seeing why
    CEO's can't cut grass either

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They are probably owed refunds more than have to pay taxes. If they are on the books, employers deduct and pay FICA and withholdings. But they never file income tax returns so they don't get refund which they are probably owed. FOr many employers, they like illegals because they don't have to make matching SS contributions or do withholdings and they save on paperwork. Many laborers so are 'hired' as independent contractors so the employer gets to deduct 'wages' as expenses without having to to treat them as employees.

I'm curious if immigrants, legal and illegal, commit crime in the same proportion as other distinct demographic groups.

I don't live in the southwest so I truly don't understand their concerns. I assume that most of their concerns are legitimate. Many people without resources using services , health and education primarily, that were designed for the amount of people legally living in those communities.

Immigration is a legitimate issue. But Bush had majorities in COngress and didn't do anything. And as far as I know, Republican Majority Congress never sent legislation to Obama which he VETOED which would have satisfied the conservatives.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Are we awake?

[​IMG]

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they're still getting paid. Fox and Friends is going to be put on probation.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Except he's neither of those things.

Everything you said is fair, well thought out, logical and even compassionate. Which is why it belongs nowhere in a conversation about Trump policy. He, and a large majority of his supporters, do want to deport the valedictorian because no matter his academic success, that student is still an "other."

Frankly, what you said sounds rather liberal.

Riptide likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yep, Trump has had a few good weeks and those yuuuuge gains with minority voters (1 percent all the way up to 8!) are making a difference. Look at the size of his crowds!

Clinton up by 10 points in new national poll

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Might not be all bad if Trump wins the White House.
    For one thing, we might finally get our own military coup.

I certainly hope it will be televised.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.