1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Steven Hill (Law & Order DA Adam Schiff)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Get. Me. A. SMOKING GUN!

RIP

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Huge fan of his. His character Schiff is woven into the fabric of TV history. RIP.

Chef2 and FileNotFound like this.
  4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Steven Hill as Adam Schiff was never better than the episode where he had to make the decision to take his brain-dead wife off life support. The final scene showed him at her bedside after he'd signed the papers, and the look on his face as the show faded to black has haunted me since the first time I saw it. RIP to a great character actor.

PaperClip529, Batman, Chef2 and 8 others like this.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

He was tremendous on L&O. RIP.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

One of my favorite endings.

PaperClip529 and Fly like this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

"You can indict a ham sandwich!" "Make the deal!"

Loved it when he battled with Stone and McCoy. RIP.

PaperClip529 likes this.
  8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Had a good bit role on The Firm. Had to tell Tom Cruise his life as he knew it was over.

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

It has been said before, but no one did a better job eating a sandwich. Love him as the DA. Best one L&O had, easily.

10. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

We need a definitive power rankings of Law and Order DAs. Adam and Arthur were great for different reasons. The Nora years were forgettable. I enjoyed Jack as a DA just because he had to reign in two ADAs in Cutter and Connie who played by many of the rules that he used to play by. I miss that show.

RIP Steven Hill.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Schiff
    McCoy
    Branch
    Lewin -- I fell off the bandwagon during this period. It was impossible to replace Schiff, though.

Threadjack: I think we've had one or two threads here discussing best ADA/EADA pairing. McCoy/Ross is a very underrated one.

PaperClip529 likes this.
  12. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

Ross provided Jack with the balance he needed, and she had the only side story of an ADA that the L&O writers seemed to care about. I'd still take a pissed-off Abbie Carmichael any day of the week, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted