1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He truly is one of the best in the business on the mic. That was tremendous.

I'm assuming it was scripted, but they've been doing a lot of worked-shoot stuff where you wonder if it's legit or part of the show (Lesnar beating up Orton, too).

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Give the man credit. Aside from the movie sabbaticals, he hasn't had many prolonged absences or injuries in 10-plus years.

Amazing to think that guy and this guy (below) are the same ...

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

One of the best WM pre-match introduction videos (despite the inflated text):

Such an underappreciated title reign.

Batman and KYSportsWriter like this.
  4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Scripted or not, that was Miz's best promo ever.

5. Baron Scicluna

The first Raw I ever went to was during his title reign push. Quite honestly, even though he wasn't in the main storyline at the time (Nexus was), his segments were the best part of the show.

At one point he cut a promo and the crowd started the "What" chant. He turned it around on them, then continued with the promo. By the end, a good chunk of the crowd was cheering him.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I also really liked the Miz's reign, but like the first Jericho title run, it seemed like the office never had a lot of confidence in him. Like, he'd win by flukes, or made to look like a chump. In contrast, they've done a lot better with Rollins - He's been a weasel, but he's clearly been shown as capable in the ring.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wasn't his first feud also with Jerry Lawler?
    It was like Vince got drunk and said, "Aw hell, put the belt on Miz! <burp>"
    Then he woke up the next morning, said, "Bullshit. I didn't do that. And what do you mean I can't job him out to Hornswaggle? Don't you know who I am?"

Meanwhile, 14 combined title reigns for Miz. He might never sniff the big belt again, but he's having a HOF caliber career.

8. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

OK, raise your hand if you ever thought there'd be a string of nearly 10 straight posts extolling the virtues of ... The Miz?

Batman likes this.
  9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I've thought for years The Miz was one of the most underrated wrestlers in the WWE. He has potential to be a top heel, but he doesn't do the big spots and isn't built like he's on steroids, so he never got a shot to stay up there. He used to be horrible in the ring, but he's gotten a ton better and while he's still not the best wrestler around by any stretch, he can put on a heck of a match if you give him a chance.

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I agree. And he's one guy in the WWE who's absolutely nailing his character right now.

JRoyal likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

If I raise it, will your mouth go shut? :D

jpetrie18, Gutter and JRoyal like this.
  12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Fun fact I just saw on Facebook: Punk's second title reign, that of 434 days, was longer than the Rock's eight runs combined.

Draft saved Draft deleted