1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Post-Gender' Baby Names

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Aug 19, 2016.

1. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

Went to college with a guy named Kris (football teammate, All-American linebacker) and a woman named Chris.
    Had a male high school teacher with the first name Lynn.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If its not a d_b, Calvin Coolidge Julius Caesar Tuskahoma McLish.

3. rascalface

rascalface Member

Had a male science teacher in high school named Wynn. He used to say, "You call me Wynn, you lose."

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

On that note, one of my favorite actors in my teens was Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland. (If Wiki is to be believed.)

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

It's funny how you fall in love with names when you are thinking about kids.

When we were having our last we had settled on a boys name that we loved and a girls name that we loved.

Had we had a girl she would have been named Levi. We came pretty close to giving our son the middle name "Grace" for a few personal reasons but ended up giving him a traditional male name after my father in law.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

My youngest is in a Little Gym class with twins named Courtney and Wilson. Courtney is a boy and Wilson is a girl.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Don't forget Tracy

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Ours are Anna Claire and Cooper. Certainly not gender neutral, but about as southern as you can get, I think.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  9. Sweet Jesus, It's no wonder we have transgender issues in this country!

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I went to school with a guy named Jarman, who was from Mississippi. I've been told it's not that unusual a name in the south, but I've never met another one.

Also had a friend who went by his middle name of Mercer, as he was a junior. I like that name.

We had a boy. Had it been a girl, her name was to have been Morgan, a name now associated with girls instead of boys.

I think a goofily-spelled first name is much more of a hassle than a gender-neutral one.

11. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

My parents say they can't remember why they picked my name. Must have read a book or article. A quick web search shows it was in the top 50 around the time I was born. Lots of association with the word "preppy." But I'm in good company with Bradley Cooper and Brad Pitt.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was named after the founder of National Review.

I have one kid named after my father and another kid named after the third king of Judah.

Draft saved Draft deleted