1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pete Thamel on Dustin Johnson vs. Pete Thamel on Tyrann Mathieu

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by lcjjdnh, Jan 21, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I can't tell if your hard-on originates from love of Levin or hate of Thamel. Probably the latter.

2. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Listen to the first podcast cited and let me know if you think it was fair. Then we can debate which was a bigger "hit job": a story about a college kid in national sports publication read by hundreds of thousands of people, or my post about a professional journalist on a message board read by a few hundred.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I could give a shit what Thamel did or didn't write or say. And you may or may not see that you come off as somebody with a personal axe to grind.

4. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Sorry for trying to discuss journalism on a journalism message board. Why'd you open the thread if you "could give a shit what Thamel did or didn't write or say"? I don't know Thamel and don't have any personal axe to grind.

5. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Forgive me but who is Josh Levin? It seems like a daunting task to listen to his 90 minute podcast to even understand his point. For the record I've been a big fan of thamels college sports work since his days at NYT.

6. Southwinds

Southwinds Member

What's a Josh Levin?

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

He talks into a voice recorder for the listening pleasure of those self-satisfied assholes you don't want to sit next to at a dinner party.

jr/shotglass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted