1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concerts thread: Best/Worst/Next/Last one you attended?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 1, 2007.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

My niece and her husband have seen 7 PJ shows on this tour, including the one you were at; it helps to be IBM executives.

Meanwhile, two of my sisters have tickets to this show as well, but only one is excited (the other has to "babysit").

2. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Say GNR a month ago at Gillette. I wasn't expecting much despite being a huge fan. Honestly, they blew me away. They played for nearly 3 hours, sounded great (especially Slash) and brought tremendous energy and intensity They were hitting on all cylinders even though Slash and Axl still don't speak to each other offcstage. Glad I plucked down the money. Probably the best show I've seen in the last 15 years.

I Should Coco likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We saw him earlier this year, when he brought out Ithak Perlman. Can't remember if I wrote about it on this thread or not. (I don't check it very often as I'm not big on going to concerts.) One of the better shows I've seen live.

Going to see Gavin DeGraw with Mrs. OOP and little OOP this weekend. It was their idea. I'm just going for the company. Anybody seen him live?

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

This post is great because:
    1. You really enjoyed the show, and
    2. My first thought was, "Guns n Roses played in Gillette, Wyo.?":D

three_bags_full likes this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Saw my 100th Bruce show last night, this one at Met Life. I'm not the biggest fan of the outdoor shows, but it was pretty great. 3:45, which is the longest show that I've attended. NYC Serenade, Santa Claus is Coming to Town (a sign request) and Jungleland.

We be at show no. 101 on Thursday.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Apparently Eddie Vedder took some time to honour Gord Downie at his concert in Chicago on Saturday night.

Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder pays tribute to The Tragically Hip

HC likes this.
  7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

100 shows? That's insane to me. I have never understood why people would want to keep seeing the same bands or acts repeatedly. I get sick of acts after listening to them as part of my Pandora shuffle after like a month. Seeing them 100 times is beyond my comprehension, but to each his own. I passed on GNR tickets at MetLife Stadium back in July mainly because of the cost. From what I gather, this tour has gone really well and they will probably tour again. Hopefully will catch them then.

Going to see Young the Giant at Radio City Music Hall next month. Their stuff has grown on me. Never seen them.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He did. And he also had Steve Gleason, the former NFL player battling Lou Gehrig's Disease, on stage to address the crowd.

Apparently he kicked a guy out of the concert in the middle of "Lukin" on Monday night for messing with a woman in GA.

9. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Silversun Pickups in Boise. One of my favorite new bands. Had a great time. I also discovered a new (to me) band called Kiev. They opened, and I found myself really enjoying it.

Here's what I've seen, some with family, some with the wife.

Bon Jovi & Skid Row: 1989
    Poison & Warrant: 1990
    Cinderella, Nelson, Lynch Mob: 1991
    Reba McEntire: 1993
    Brooks & Dunn: 1994
    George Strait: 1995
    Vince Gill: 1995
    Garth Brooks: 1996
    Shania Twain: 1999
    Poison & Warrant: 2001
    Poison, Vince Neil, Winger, Quiet Riot: 2002
    Phil Collins: 2004
    Kelly Clarkson: 2005
    Kelly Clarkson & Reba McEntire: 2008
    Kelly Clarkson: 2012
    Big Bad Voodoo Daddy: 2015
    Alice Cooper & Motley Crue: 2015
    Silversun Pickups: 2016

10. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

I'm going on Tuesday. What time did you get to Met for show? What was traffic like?

11. Dick Whitman

Big Kelly Clarkson fan, are you?

12. Dick Whitman

Mrs. Whitman and I were talking about the next acts we need to check off the list. I came up with Dwight Yoakam and Son Volt right off the bat. I also haven't seen Elton John, Paul McCartney, or Billy Joel, though I'm probably running out of time on those. I never saw AC/DC, one of my top-five all-time acts, and I probably won't because they aren't really AC/DC any more. Jack White was one I need to see still.

Draft saved Draft deleted