1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he will stand up and Tony will run away, but that's just a guess.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think YankeeFan will not be here on Election Night because he is better than the rest of us at getting out the good drinks and partying. The baby could test that ability, but I have faith.

BTW I am making plans to up my game in that area in the next year, so I'm also hoping to ignore all of you that night, win or lose (but, really, win).

We will commence our radar search for the Fraudseeker the morning of Nov. 9.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Jeez, talk about missing the story here. Mother Jones is more interested in the $300+ they paid McIver for the speech than they are the fact that Trump was not going to pay her through campaign funds until it got brought to his attention in the ensuing hullaballoo that he was committing a campaign finance violation by paying her through his corporate entity. That's the bigger story than the cost of the speech.

4. bigpern23

We're in the middle of a two-candidate race, right? And one candidate has put his volatility on full display nearly every damn day since the election cycle began. Is there a need to explore further the potential for volatility of the other? I mean, if you have to search for it, she can't possibly be worse than the GOP candidate.

5. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

So what would have happened if he committed a campaign violation? Would he have been prosecuted?

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I'll concede just about every Hillary-is-a-pussycat allegation you'd like to lay out there ... Yet none of it is enough to convince me Donald Trump is a better option.

I'm sorry your party nominated a dog shit candidate.

dixiehack and Lugnuts like this.
  7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I challenge you to post the full transcript and debate the in-context point she was making.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're kidding, right?

Folks are terrified of the Clintons, and between the Foundation, her tenure as Secretary of State, and her presumed presidential run, they've remained so much influence over the party -- as well as the ability to hand out jobs, consulting gigs, and sweetheart contracts -- that the usual tell all books haven't come out.

Someone like Clair McCaskill has spent eight years trying to get back in their good graces.

Huma can work at State, the Foundation, and Teneo all at once.

Sid Blumenthal can get paid by the Foundation and by David Brock.

George Stephanopolis donates to the Foundation.

NBC hires Chelsea at $600,000 per year, and she's so awful on camera, they can't even use her.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Staying up past 9:00 is an effort right now.

Thankfully, it will probably be all over on election night by 9:00.

10. bigpern23

Probably not, it looks like a pretty minor violation. I don't know much about campaign finance law. However, the cost of the speech is not nearly as newsworthy as a campaign finance violation. And one would think, given how tightly Trump's business has been tied to the campaign, there might more worth looking into.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

If by "folks" you mean yourself and 30 percent of people who would never vote for Hillary anyway, then yeah.

But most people honestly don't give a flying fuck.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Someone has already filed a complaint with the FEC over this.

By the time the red tape settles, nobody will give a flip.

Don't you guys keep up with the news? /YF

(Sorry... couldn't resist :D )

bigpern23 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.