1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm The King I Don't Sit in Traffic Jams

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Earthman, Aug 21, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Hilarious to see all the Twitter high-fives before these divas realized they were doing something wrong.

Robert Klemko, meanwhile, trolls everyone who objects.

Were they born to be these asshats, or have they been sucked into King's hurricane?

2. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Never would have pegged Earthman for a Peter King obsession.

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Embarrassing SI keeps him on the payroll.

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

SDPD should have handcuffed the pig and frogmarched him to The Hague.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

As aloof as this was, it's really not good to out his driver like that.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was about LeBron. But it's better.

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure King will make this his Tweet of the Week in MMQB

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Last time I read anything from MMQB was here but isn't it Travel Note of the Week or something similar?

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Even worse, he'll refuse to visit SkyLine Chili with him the next time they're both in Cincinnati.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So is King a bigger asshat for using the bike lane, or for going around and then back into the traffic jam that's probably also waiting on the exit for Qualcomm?
    I've ridden the shoulder a few times to get around an obvious traffic jam and to an exit if it's close and the jam is for something past the exit. Might even be willing to ride in a bike lane to do the same if the coast is clear and it's not more than a few hundred feet. Doing that, only to merge back into the traffic jam 200 yards up the road, is a total douche move.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I took it to mean their turnoff - maybe a media one and not one everyone else was taking? - was a few hundred feet ahead, so they bike-laned it to get to their turn.

I think on a scale of 1 to 10, their level of asshole-ishness is about a 7 for taking the bike lane and then Tweeting a photo of it, like "look how cute we are!" Once they get called on it, and that cockbag Klemko decides to be as big an ass as he can be about it, even though he wasn't involved, it makes them exponentially more horrible people.

If I was SI, I'd remind King and Vrentas not to do stupid things like that in the future. And I'd wonder why Klemko is still employed. Isn't he the Cris Carter "fall guy" reporter who embarrassed them by letting a PR flak basically pre-edit his story? He doesn't seem to be very bright when it comes to his professional conduct.

Big Circus, YankeeFan and Vombatus like this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I wonder if they'll get a traffic ticket since they provided CHiPs the evidence?

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted