1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Baseball 2016

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Feb 18, 2016.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I assume he is talking about Gomez. Carlos Gonzalez is batting .317 with 18 HR and 51 RBI this season.

Gomez has been much better since his return from the DL, but I could see moving on if there is a player you really want in his place. Depends on who you are adding when you cut him loose.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Oops, yes, I meant Gomez. I've been mixing them up all season because I was in position to choose which CarGo to draft. I chose ... poorly.

3. bigpern23

I was considering adding Kepler, who was ranked among the MLB top 100 prospects this season, and has gotten off to a nice start with the Twins (.808 OPS in 124 ABs).

4. bigpern23

Just got offered a trade:
    Acquire: Manny Machado
    Trade away: Urias, Glasnow, Castellanos.

Machado would be a fourth-rounder if I keep him next year, though I'm also wondering if I could flip him for a couple other keepers.

I'm also only eight games out of a playoff berth (weekly head-to-head league 7x7, so eight games is not a deep hole). This could actually improve me for a stretch run. I was looking at trades as a seller, but this one has me considering being a buyer.

5. bigpern23

Just got offered another trade:
    Acquire: Will Meyers (15th rounder), Marcell Ozuna (14th rounder), Tanaka (7th rounder), as well as Volquez, Maybin and Alex Gordon, all of whom I would probably drop.
    Trade away: Zobrist (7th rounder), Stanton and Abreu (neither of whom I can keep).

6. bigpern23

Guy pulled back Tanaka, so I declined.

Just go this offer, though:
    Acquire: Manny Machado (4th round next season), Adam Jones (1st round, wouldn't keep him), and Brett Gardner.
    Trade away: Urias, Glasnow, Jose Abreu.

I think I can get this guy to include Encarnacion in Gardner's place, but I'll have to give up two of the following players: Urias, Glasnow, Giolito or Alex Reyes. I can't keep all four anyway, so I'm open to the trade. Just not sure which two of those prospects to hang onto, particularly as it relates to who can help me most this year.

7. bigpern23

Got offered this trade today:
    Acquire: Noah Syndergaard - a 22nd round pick next year
    Trade away: Giancarlo Stanton (can't keep), Manny Machado (4th rounder next year).

I'm tempted because Syndergaard could be a part of my rotation for the foreseeable future. However, Machado is a stud at a premium position (SS and 3B eligible). As of now, my keepers could be Machado, Maikel Franco and/or Miguel Sano, Vince Velazquez, Lance McCullers and any of Urias, Giolito, Harvey or Joe Ross and none would be drafted higher than 16th.

Given those keeper options at pitcher, I may not need Syndergaard. Of course, he's a known quantity and there's a plethora of talent about to emerge at SS. I'm pretty torn on this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted