1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I still think it's awesome leading climatologists on both sides of the debate grace us with their presence.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

First off, it's a bunch of bullshit.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/mass-extinctions-tied-to-past-climate-changes/

Read the article. Some wonderful sentences that show they're making nothing but wild guesses. At least in the article they admit it's nothing but guesses.

And then I love the hyperlink in that sentence that actually talks about the giant crater and guesses that the mass die-off is actually from a huge meteor striking the earth. Even now, they can't figure out if the warm comes first leading to the carbon dioxide ... or if the carbon dioxide comes first, leading to the warm.

It's so fun to watch what you will be taken in by.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Typical Tony. Even when badly beaten, you just double down on the bullshit. This is why you have zero credibility in any discussion related to politics.

You are still trying to shift the discussion to the cause of the climate change, but that wasn't what you wrote about. It was the impact you wrote about incorrectly and all the name-calling and goalpost moving can't cover that up.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

What you said:
    What I said:
    What the article you cited titled "Mass Extinctions Tied to Past Climate Changes" says:

And
    As for the giant crater that possibily caused a mass extinction... Yes, one probably did. Scientists believe one killed the dinosaurs. It was also one of five mass extinction events. I said three were linked to climate change.

Argue with me all you want about how man is not causing the current bout of warming or that a rise in CO2 is not a factor in the warming. Fine. The majority of scientists around the world would argue that point, but fine share with me your opinion on the matter and why my believing scientists is wrong. But don't tell me you didn't say climate change isn't catastrophic because you did.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My degree from Google Institute of Technology is taking me a long way on Internet message boards. ... Now if only it paid better...

Vombatus likes this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Is that next to the Varsity?

Spartan Squad and dixiehack like this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

When I read that this morning, I thought: Oh well, I'm sure people on message boards know better than actual national security experts.

Country over party. What a concept.

Inky_Wretch and JackReacher like this.
  11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That's the scary part: They actually think they do.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The odds Hillary's email wasn't hacked are at what, 0%?

Imagine how much fun it's going to be as this all leaks out during her Presidency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.