1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI.com redesign

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Big Circus, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Interesting that SI is now getting commissions to sell stuff in their columns. In effect an ad disguised as a column. After reading MMQB lifestyle column I found this blurb at end. Felt a bit taken. I'm sure there is no bias.

The MMQB Football Lifestyle column is a curated list of links to what’s catching Dom’s eye off the field. The MMQB has affiliate deals with some of the brands featured and receives commission on certain purchases. Have an item for consideration? Share it.

Double Down likes this.
  2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Be careful, I just might do that. Had no idea Columbus had so many breweries. Had the rehearsal dinner in one and then some of us retired to another. Need to rally here for the actual wedding and it is a good darn thing I'm not responsible for designing ANYTHING this morning.

ChrisLong likes this.
  3. Late pass but hopefully u got to try Bodhi by Columbus Brewing.

4. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Did you make it to Hoof Hearted? A bit juvenile in names/labels but damn they make good beer!

Hopefully you got to the North Market and had some Hot Chicken Takeover. Worth the wait in line!

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The rehearsal dinner was at the Columbus Brewing Company. I tried several - I suck at remembering the names/variety - and they were very good. We adjourned later to a place in Short North (is that the right name?) called The Pint House. Crowded, loud, a MUCH younger set so I didn't stay long. My son ordered a wheat beer for me and it came out in the biggest glass I've ever seen. Huge glass. I crushed it, only because he thought I couldn't, and left.

Had lunch somewhere Saturday, can't remember the name. Saturday night was the wedding and then I was out of there early Sunday.

The town left a very good impression on me. I will be back, don't say you haven't been warned.

The kids went to the North Market on Saturday while us old folks caught up with some long-lost family friends. My kids said they had a breakfast sandwich there that was absurd.

Dyno likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted