1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Emails I Get ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doctorquant, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

My friend said that.

Lugnuts likes this.
  2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Does that mean a student shouldn't have to read it, though?

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

If it causes a trigger warning, you get first dibs at the safe spaces room with that's stocked with puppies and Skittles.

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Ya know, if you render the Skittles they make a good sauce for sauteed Labrador.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Got another beaut last night after they took their final. Kid sent this email -- "Did anybody else think this test was bullshit?" -- to the whole class via the online class management system. Dumbass didn't realize that I get copied on all of those.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Does anyone else think your class is bullshit? Let's stick to the issues at hand here.

doctorquant and Fly like this.
  7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Got another one a few minutes ago from a student who: 1) has told me he/she already flunked the course once; and 2) chose to not buy the textbook (about $100) or any textbook*. Student tells me "it's clear I can't learn this material, but I really hope you'll give me a passing grade."

*Don't bitch at me. I didn't get to choose the textbook and I always suggest ways they can save by pointing out good out-of-print versions for $10 or $15 on Amazon.

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

They can think the class is BS all they want. Don't think most faculty will lose sleep at night.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Did he end the email with "thank you?"

Draft saved Draft deleted