1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Are you working in a state with its own exchange, or no?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

It seems like the best way to go is start with your physician and work backwards.
    Find out which plans they accept and which work best.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Putting aside the emotions of things, let's discuss a Trump path to victory.

He's got to win Ohio, obviously. Which he clearly can do. And no one has won the presidency without winning Ohio in like 40 years, I believe. So talk to me about the math elsewhere. I don't think he can win either Pennsylvania or Virginia. If she wins those two but loses Ohio, does it all come down to Florida?

I see he's behind in Arizona in the latest polls, btw. But let's assume he holds there.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

More FOSOOP.

7. old_tony

It's not official until smallpotatoes posts the Snopes.com link saying Hillary would never lie.

8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

It is Baaaloon

9. old_tony

This "saved the auto industry" is such bullshit. The auto industry would still be around in exactly the same form. The only thing Obama did was give the unions a huge nod rather than make the auto makers go through bankruptcy reconstruction that would have actually made the people who were owed money more whole. To hear the left tell it, today's airline industry wouldn't exist, either.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Bless her heart ... She just doesn't do the "THIS IS SO FABULOUS!" look well. Getting a goofy picture of her when she's in that mode is shooting fish in a barrel ...

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

If she wins Virginia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Colorado it doesn't matter how Ohio and Florida break. Right now Real Clear Politics has her winning the Eastern seaboard from NC north (minus West Virginia) winning Ohio and Arizona but losing Florida and is winning with 322 delegates. Take away Ohio and Arizona and that goes down to 292.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

270towin won't work on my phone, but if I remember correctly, he needs the basic conservative states plus Ohio and Florida plus one more bigger than NH. If he is doing well enough to have a chance on election night, Ohio and Florida should favor him.

The obvious choices are PA and VA, as you mentioned. I really don't see how he can win PA absent a national landslide for him. Organization matters too much there.

Colorado would normally be on the list but it seems like everything is pointing to an easy Clinton win there. Same goes for NM. Maybe Iowa?

Trump does weird things to the map where states don't necessarily flip but are closer than you would expect. Oregon, Michigan, Georgia, Arizona. Hell, Gary Johnson is polling over 30 in Utah, very close to the other two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.