1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Really? The left is horrified by truth? Two words: Climate. Change.

Oh I'm sorry three words. How could I possibly forget science.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Nobody denies climate change.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

No one smart denies it. We just differ over who/what is causing it.

Now, Jim Inhofe on the other hand...

.[​IMG]

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He just had things to do for a few months after each of the last two elections went very, very far from his confident predictions.

Stoney likes this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Disagree. Keeping non-horrible conservatives at home or third party is a better plan than trying to get them to go to Clinton.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, the 2014 elections even surpassed my hopes.

8. old_tony

It's always changed, there's nothing we can do about it, and it changes gradually enough that it never results in catastrophe.

The ones in denial are the ones that deny those three facts.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Of the five mass extinctions in Earth's history, three were likely due to climate change. So it never resulting in catastrophe is categorically false.

BBC Nature - Big Five mass extinction events

The big five mass extinctions

Second science has shown Earth is getting warmer. It's getting warmer faster than before. The warming and oceanic changes coorispond to a rise in the CO2 levels in the environment, levels that have greatly increased as we have burned fossil fuels. As our environment warms, science shows our weather patterns will get more extreme and sea levels will rise resulting in disaster around the globe.

10. old_tony

They still haven't determined if it's warmer because there's more CO2 or there's more CO2 because it's warmer.

But as long as you're all concerned about "mass extinctions," tell me how man was responsible for those or what man could have done to prevent them.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Yup. That's where I'll be. Downballot for republicans. Not Trump and not Clinton.

I don't smoke enough pot to vote libertarian.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Watched HRC's speech this morning.

What an inspired mess with both sides. I've written here before about how this may be the first presidential cycle where neither side is selling hope or something positive. Also this feels like the first cycle where both major candidates only seem to be - truly - in it for themselves. Obama and Romney, I always felt, were in this for a higher purpose. Clinton and Trump only want the ring to get the ring.

The polls, I believe, will reflect this. I'd be surprised if either candidate hits 49 percent in a major national poll before election day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.