1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Braves ditching The Ted for suburbs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rico_the_redneck, Nov 11, 2013.

1. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

My one trip to The Ted -- Game 5 of the 2003 NLDS, when the National League's best record wasn't enough to beat the Cubs -- gave me a lot of insight.
    I refer not to the fact that we bought tickets over the phone hours before first pitch (no surprise there).

As the game wore on and it became clear the Cubs would add to Atlanta's terrible postseason legacy, two groups of bro-dudes exchanged words.

I saw what happens when Cubs fans gloat and brag ("You always choke in the playoffs! You guys are chokers!) and Braves fans respond ("You're just a FAGG-itt! Fuck you, FAGG-itt!")

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

As a sometimes Southerner, let me translate the multi-definitional FAGG-itt within this context:

"Says you, the gentleman whose baseball club scarcely makes the postseason.
    As such, your purview of winning and losing -- and its ramifications -- is duly skewed, good sir.

Thus, fuck you.

FAGG-itt."

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Batman likes this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

For the sake of the neighborhood and GSU I hope they get the turnaround they're looking for, but man that could be some abysmal football crowds ahead, especially since the bulk of campus will remain on the other side of I-20.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Even better if you read that in a Foghorn Leghorn/Southern Gentleman voice.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Clippers are looking to build an arena. LA Sports Arena II: The Sequel has a nice ring to it.

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

So you gleaned from this solitary experience that there are indeed assholes in Atlanta, much like there are in every city?

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

My first MLB game was at Fulton-County in 1983 (I was 9). When we got into our car after the game, a man approached my dad's window and offered to sell him some gold chains.

My dad told him "I'll give you $5 for all of 'em." The guy gave him a Clay Davis-esque "Sheeeeeeeeeeeit" and walked away.

It was like something out of National Lampoon's Vacation.

TyWebb likes this.
  8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The Braves will start weekday home games at 7:30 p.m. beginning next year to offset the horrendous traffic:

Braves Transportation

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So now, to get to the game, you can get on the road between 5:30 and 6:00 instead of between 5:00 and 5:30? Awesome! That should solve everything!

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Yep. Problem solved. I rescind all my previous "Fuck this stadium" comments.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Wonder if that's the same guy who sold my dad a fake Bulova Accutron watch for $10 outside the stadium.

Steak Snabler likes this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No, you still leave between 5 and 5:30 and now only miss the first inning.

Captain_Kirk likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted