1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm hoping the GOP is willing to lose this 2016 battle to win the war. The Republicans - who vote reflexively for any R on the ticket - won't take the long game mindset. But I hope the conservatives take that approach.

I also hope they'll refer back to the autopsy they did after the 2012 election about needing to focus on big-tent ideas.

2. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Makes sense. Thx for clarification

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm almost with you in lockstep, right up to and including the "Ted Cruz is an asshole" part.

But you might, just might, be missing the possibility that Cruz's snubbing of Trump could strengthen his political position -- if Trump loses in November. He could come out looking pretty good to people who don't go far enough back to realize what he's really about.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

FTFY

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't know. Treating immigrants like human beings who contribute to society has long been the go-to play of liberal failures like these guys:

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You do remember Nixon, right? You know the guy who might have been the first president to ever be removed from office had he not resigned?

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

What party was he in again?

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Nixon Image Rehab has been a staple of wingnut radio basically since the Clintons arrived on the scene.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Two things derailed the effort after 2012.

The first was Ted Cruz, who shamelessly positioned himself for a presidential run with his BS.

The second was the gay marriage ruling and Kim Davis, which gave the culture war crowd another hand at the table.

The GOP needs to bid goodbye to the Christians. It's better for us christians and better for the GOP.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ted Cruz is completely unable to submerge his smarmy side long enough to win a Presidential campaign. He just can't help himself, he's smarter than all these rubes and he has to explain that to them from time to time.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Don't disagree with you for a minute. I'm just saying that his non-support of Trump might have been based in some sort of strategy.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

We'll see. I think Cruz's influence over the party is probably done. People think I have some unique hatred for Cruz but I don't. He's really that hated by many party folks. And part of it is the zealotry of his faith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.