1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2016 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 26, 2016.

1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I am not sure about who got full shares immediately but according to USA Today Colorado's revenue of 68 million in 2014-2015 exceeded that of PAC 12 legacy members Oregon State and Washington State. So I think that revenue shortfalls have been due to the struggles of the Pac 12 Network.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

UVa is terrible, obviously, but I did enjoy that video. I have the DDP Yoga program on my laptop. It doesn't suck. I just need to view it way more often.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The sons of bitches caved and bailed out ESPN when they didn't have to.

CFP shifts dates to avoid New Year's Eve conflict

Granted, it makes for a much better viewing experience ... but still, I wanted to see the CFP go to the wall with the "That's a YP. Your problem" stance.

doctorquant likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I don't think just watching it does you any good there, JR.

6. Steak Snabler

It's not just an ESPN problem. Fans hated it on NYE too, or at least the ones I talked to did.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Oh, no question on that. My point is ESPN signed a contract that left them holding the bag for any ratings and revenue drop. I would have liked seeing a big F-U on that.

(Personally I didn't have a huge problem with the NYE times. But I'm old and suck at partying now.)

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I had me a large time watching the first game on NYE ... might have had something to do with who was playing, though ...

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

They still have it screwed up, just not as badly as before. On years where the semis aren't Rose/Sugar, the playoff bowls usually* slide back to the Saturday before. Four times in the next decade, the semis will be Dec. 27, 28 or 29. Their ratings should be a bit better, but the remaining big bowls will still be anticlimactic afterthoughts that suffer in the ratings accordingly.

* 1-1-22 is a Saturday, with semis the day before on NYE.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

For years, one of the main arguments against a playoff was that it'd screw the other bowls. Now we have a playoff, and the people in charge of it, who used to make that argument, are doing their best to screw as many bowls as possible. How long before ESPN steps in and tells the playoff people, "you're out, and our people are in"? It's not like college football would put up a fight.

11. Steak Snabler

ESPN owns most of the bowls, so it won't be a problem.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Texas A&M is, not to put too fine a point on it, coached by a bunch of fucking morons.

Two coaches suspended after Texas A&M's 'chalk talk' for women

A couple of the slides these mouth-breathing dolts produced.

Oh and if Turner's name sounds familiar, it should. He was the Dolphins OL coach fired for helping Richie Incognito bully Jonathan Martin.

wicked likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted