1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's quite clear that any affront to constitutional law and simple decency is cool with the Trump crowd here because he's in their tribe. It must be terrible to have hate, spite and fear drive all your thoughts on any topic. Particularly since on other topics, you're not like that at all -- except AQB with the Cardinals.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Dems loving themselves some John McCain.

(Also, gray background alert.)

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

At some point you have to be able to shake your head and say, "Heh, silly joke" without engaging the outrage machine to fifth gear.

I remember that line from "All The President's Men": "You guys are about to write a story that says the former attorney general — the highest-ranking law enforcement official in this country — is a crook. Just be sure you're right."

How many times has Trump called the former Secretary of State "Crooked Hillary . . . ?" It's his schtick.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Panetta getting the business from the anti-war faction in the arena.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Come on ... we're talking about Trump here!

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump is a populist. He's totally motivated by ratings and positive reinforcement. If you hate Trump, and I do, you must hate 46-48% of voting age eligible Americans, and I do.

And a big Fuck You to Bill and Hillary and Wasserman and Brazile and every other fucking Democrat in the party that made Hillary inevitable. The worst candidate since Louis XIII

SpeedTchr likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

Panetta says Hillary was resolute. We had to go after bin Laden.

MSNBC pans to dude in turban for reaction shot.

WTF. That's racist, even if he's likely a Sihk, and not a Muslim.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sure, because trying to arrange for some TV interviews to show the public that Russians aren't always monsters is the exact same thing as encouraging treason.

9. YankeeFan

My wife has decided that Leon Panetta looks like Mr. Potato Head.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Trump's view: Hillary may have committed treason. I'm trying to enlist support to help prove this, since my own country failed miserably in the attempt.

But then, that's assuming he wasn't joking. Which he was.

In any event, according to Article III, Section 3 of the Constitution . . .

TREASON
    "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

Please tell me we're not going to go the "Aid and Comfort" route in justifying this accusation.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  11. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I swear, I googled "what's wrong with Leon Panetta's head" while he was speaking.

12. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Caught Michelle Obama's speech and was blown away, seeing a bit of Biden now. He is awesome.

Lugnuts likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.