1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Braves ditching The Ted for suburbs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rico_the_redneck, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

C'mon, now. Throw a vis-a-vis in there!

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Nah ... @BDC99 hurt my feelings ...

old_tony likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

In a related story, the Vikings apparently own the rights to what can be displayed on buildings near their new stadium. What a load of happy horsecrap, your local governments selling your property rights to somebody else.

Vikings Win Battle Over Wells Fargo Signage

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sounds like Wells Fargo would have been better off telling the Vikings to get bent and not coming to any agreement. They might have had a Supreme Court case if they wanted to fight it that far. Just from the way it was described in that article, signing an agreement and then going against it is what caused them problems.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Tim Lee brought the Braves to Cobb. Now he’s out of a job | Mark Bradley blog

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Bye, Felicia.

TyWebb likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Applause and apologies offered here all day. If I'm ever in Cobb County, I'll shake hands with every voter I see.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The guy who changed his vote on the Brewers stadium, allowing the fleecing of Wisconsin taxpayers, became the only legislator to be voted out in a special recall election.

He's a folk hero in Milwaukee. When they opened the stadium, they threw a tailgate party in his honor and made shirts and hats with his picture.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Hasn't been a good year for Team White Flight. They're on pace to lose 108 games and their favorite legislator has been tossed from office.

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I hate this nickname for the Braves, but I also love it.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

It is generally on point. The team's white fans come from the northern suburbs in an overwhelming majority. (Of course, this year, that's relative. Nothing overwhelming about the crowds at the Ted). I don't know if this dates all the way back to 1966, but as long as I've been aware of team-fan relations, suburban whites have been bitching about the neighborhood around AFCS and Turner.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Exactly. I hate it because I'm a fan, but I totally get it.

Draft saved Draft deleted