1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stop telling me I'm beautiful. I'm ugly.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 27, 2016.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I don't care what you call me, just so long as you call me.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not sure this really has anything to do with anything, but I like telling a lady that she's "quite a handsome woman." They never seem to know whether to take it as a compliment or not.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I get a similar reaction when I say she looks "healthy."

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Brings to mind Royal Tenenbaum saying to his grandson after the death of the kid's mother. "Very sorry about your mother. She was a very attractive woman."

5. Mind-splitting blowjobs.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

"Will Settle For Nice Hair" ... sounds like a name you'd hear in Dances With Wolves.

Double Down, Ace and CD Boogie like this.
  9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Ty Webb was one of those who thought Dances with Wolves deserved the Oscar for Best Movie in 1990 over Goodfellas. Matter of fact, he Stands with a Fist about it.

TyWebb likes this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

This isn't really my story, but it's a good one ...

Back when that movie came out, my best sportswriting friend was still in the business. One of the guys he worked with thought it great fun to give everyone Lakotan Sioux names. Well, one guy there, another old friend of mine, was one of those terminal bachelor types. He was in his mid-40s then, and not much to look at, and of course he wasn't exactly rolling in the dough ... but he was picky as hell when it came to women. Unless they were pretty good looking AND young (say, mid-20s at the most) he wasn't interested.

His Lakotan Sioux name was "Sleeps Alone" ...

CD Boogie likes this.
  11. We had a friend we dubbed "Runs with cock in hand."

Hokie_pokie and doctorquant like this.
  12. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

This is a great point...some of the world's smartest people are also some of its most vile human beings.

Draft saved Draft deleted