1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Tough to say without being in the discussions on the sideline, but I think at worst, the Browns would have been subject to the $100,000 fine for their mishandling of McCoy's concussion. That is the problem. It would be incredibly difficult to prove that a team intentionally sent a player back on to the field with a concussion for competitive reasons rather than simply making a mistake.

I don't think incompetence should be a defense, and in McCoy's case, it was either shenanigans or incompetence.

I agree with your overall point. This was done for show, not to actually address the problem. The league office clearly has no interest in punishing teams for endangering players by failing to properly follow the concussion protocols. As I wrote in the initial post, perhaps that is why the NFL did it so low key, because the penalties are so weak that it doesn't mean much.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

While I see your overall point, it is tough to rip Jones for taking Gregory. They got a first-round talent with the 60th overall selection. That's not a terrible risk to take.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

It's not the smartest move when the troubling issues surfaced leading up to the draft AND the defense needed dependable reinforcements.

Other teams saw this coming.

5. outofplace

Everybody saw it as possible. That is why he fell so far. Teams have also been burned by passing on guys with this type of risk.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My God, training camp started this weekend, Peyton Manning retired months ago, and as much as I admired him (a lot) I'm sick of that DirecTV commercial already. By Labor Day, I'll be homicidal.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Aaron Rodgers' brother wins "The Bachelorette." In the process, he exposes a family rift. According to the gossip rags, the Rodgers clan and Olivia Munn can't stand each other.

Why NFL QB Aaron Rodgers, 'Bachelorette' Star Brother Jordan Don't Talk

I don't have high hopes for these hetero loevbirds before Aaron moves on to further confirm his heterosexuality with a more down-to-earth but still totally fuckable oh yeah you'd do her in a heartbeat starlet.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.