1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

How would you define smaller government? By most measures it's been shrinking for quite a while now.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

How do we know those flags weren't there last night?

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Must be really hard for photographers to find flags at a political convention.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

He's running against Hillary. 'Nuff said.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Might be the dumbest thing I've ever read

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Smaller government means one thing to ideologues. To Trump's base, it means no government for non-whites, welfare state for me. As a white person, I deserve no less.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you.

8. old_tony

Maybe the Democrats should try not being so against the things I believe in and for the things I'm against. I could consider voting for them then.

heyabbott likes this.
  9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

10. outofplace

My point about you voting for laundry is correct. You're just trying to dance around it now because you know it makes you look like a sheep. Wherever the GOP leads, you will follow without question. That you are going to vote for Trump simply proves what anybody who knows you already realized.

Don't try to suggest that it is only because Clinton is the opposition. You would vote against any Democrat.

11. old_tony

You couldn't be more full of shit. Again.

12. outofplace

Where exactly am I wrong, tony? Is it not fair to say you were critical of Trump until he became the nominee? You suggested you might not vote for him, but once it became clear he was going to be the nominee, you went all in for Trump. My post was not kind, but it was absolutely correct.

The sad part is, you are far from alone. Far too many people will thoughtlessly vote for Trump simply because he is the Republican nominee. Others will do it out of hatred for Clinton, though those groups intersect quite a bit. Most of the rest do it because of his appeal among racists. Y'all can try to convince yourselves otherwise if you like, but it sure seems like he has very few supporters who actually think he is going to be even a good president.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.