1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blame it on Rio...........2016 Olympics Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jul 25, 2016.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Kiddnapping Bernie Ecclestone's mother-in-law sounds like a spectacular fail. He strikes as the type who, if she were freed on the spot, wouldn't spring for cabfare home.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He's is a 5'3" trolling looking dude, who is married to a nice-looking woman almost 50 years younger than him. If it was me, I'd figure $30 million is a small price to pay for my charmed life. She's getting at least that much when he kicks anyhow, right?

3. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Michael Caine could not accept his Academy Award in person because he was filming Jaws: The Revenge. Gotta love it.

Ace likes this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

One could surmise the skills that got Michelle Johnson that part would not hold up over time. She did have a nice part in "Far and Away," though, the only other movie I can remember seeing her in.

Demi Moore, OTOH, clearly had room to augment her skills.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I don't want to know anything else now.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I believe that was his second wife. She was a fashion model, back in the day. I believe she was 6'3 and he was 5'3. She left him, leaving him to find a newer, younger wife:

[​IMG]

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Michelle signed on to the last dying-gasp year of The Love Boat. She should have known better than to sign on to a series where Ted McGinley already had joined.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Don't remember which bad movie he was talking about but someone asked him why in the world he accepted a role in it and if he'd seen it. His answer was something along the lines of:

"I haven't seen it but I hear it's quite awful. However, I have seen the house I built with the check and it's quite lovely."

old_tony likes this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

jpetrie18, murphyc, Vombatus and 4 others like this.
  10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

image.jpeg

A Bridge Too Far! This is my thesis, man! This is my closing argument!

Vombatus and franticscribe like this.
  11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So Michael Phelps doesn't do it for you, t? Too gangly?

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Is Ecclestone the one who had a Nazi themed bondage party?

Draft saved Draft deleted