1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Ignore Reality '16!

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahaha

3. Mr. Sunshine

Were you born yesterday?

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

So, you ignored the "three more nights to go" part. Yes, I promise you the fight against terrorism will be a topic.

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I mostly watched the RNC and DNC on CNN. For the RNC, they basically had a bunch of conservative analysts and the one liberal contrarian analyst. They flipped the script tonight with all liberal analysts and one conservative voice (Jeffrey Lord).

Since I didn't see any complaints from you about CNN's coverage of the RNC, I can safely assume that your criticism in this post is based solely on the fact that your guys were outnumbered on the panel this time.

My only point was that the bar was so low after the RNC that "not advocating for the execution of our opponent" was considered a positive.

6. Mr. Sunshine

What kind of terrorism?

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

I guess I forgot all those inspiring speeches from Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Reagan and W that we should all constantly be pooping our pants and hiding under the bed because we're afraid.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

All of it, I'd hope.

9. Deskgrunt50

Oh goody, the nomenclature argument. First, Clinton has called it radical Islamic terrorism. But honestly, who gives flying fuck what term is used? This is such a stupid talking point. And yes, there are political reasons for NOT using it. I have no idea why this gets anyone's panties in a bunch.

The Obama administration killed a whole bunch of terrorists, no matter what they called them.

qtlaw likes this.
  10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

"I don't think you are qualified if you get $15 million from Wall Street through your SuperPAC."

Sanders made his entire campaign about changing the rigged system and saying she was part of it. That's a little different than the average campaigning.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

For the sake of argument, sure. I was. What's your point? Please elaborate.

12. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

When was the last golf post? I need to catch up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.