1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for NFL Breaking News reporters

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by AJC SEC, Jul 14, 2016.

1. AJC SEC

AJC SEC Member

Cox Media Group is looking for NFL Breaking News reporters in full-time and part-time roles. The official job posting is here: Search Jobs at Cox Companies

You can also email a copy of your resume and clips to SECBloggers@gmail.com

Experience on a college or pro football beat is a plus. You must be able to turn breaking news in a hurry, and write with strong opinion/analysis. We prefer that you work out of our company headquarters in Atlanta, but you may also be able to work remotely. Pay depends on experience.

We'll also soon be looking for 1-2 planning editors and 1-2 copy editors, along with a couple of general assignment writers who can write across the NFL.

Please note: This job is not with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, so please don't email resumes there.

2. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

I assume this is for people "breaking news" from the office or their home?

3. Jovan Alford

Jovan Alford New Member

Is this going to be new site created by the Cox Media Group or something affiliated with the current SEC or Big Ten sites?

4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

From my understanding, it will be it's own site.

Suggswriter likes this.
  5. Jovan Alford

Jovan Alford New Member

Great! That's good to know. Thanks for replying back, I applied a few days ago, so we'll see what happens.

6. Agstillman

Agstillman New Member

The link seems to lead to a college editor position?

Draft saved Draft deleted