1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

5 cops killed, more injured during protests against police in Dallas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Jul 7, 2016.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Good for Miami.

The fuck-ups are bad. I don't want anybody dying at the hands of police that isn't 100% necessary to immediately save lives. But I understand that, statistically, there's going to be some percentage of fuck-ups given the number of police officers we have in this country patrolling every day and the situation we put them in. And by any sane measure, this was an *incredible* fuck-up.

But it's the cover-ups that put it over the line, the lack of consequences, let alone prosecution. Miami appears to be having none of that.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Black Lives Matter is predicated on the thought that this type of thing was routine and covered up regularly before cameras gave everything away.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Communism is predicated on the thought that life should be fair.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Speaking of giving everything away, BLM protesters in Oakland chained themselves to the door of the police department and demanded that the mayor resign and the city defund the police department.
    Yeah, that'll make for a better city for everyone.

Black Lives matter protesters chain themselves to OPD doors

5. TheSportsPredictor

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Wow. I have to say I'm pretty stunned that Jordan finally took a stance on a hot-button social issue. Nice to see that he backed it with some action, though time will tell if he continues to advocate for building trust between police and the communities they serve.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The jaded part of me immediately wondered if this wasn't a calculated move to take attention away from the fact his team was just stripped of the All-Star Game.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm a little surprised he made the statement on The Undefeated, rather than The Players Tribune.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well, if he promised The Undefeated first dibs on it that would explain why it took him 30 years to take any sort of political stance.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

As always, the blame lies in Whitlock's hands.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That cleared the fence with room to spare.

LongTimeListener and Batman like this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

Draft saved Draft deleted