1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Venti no-fat flat white with extra shot

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Taking a Midol with that?

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Glenlivet Master Distiller's Reserve Triple Cask

JC likes this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I've got a damn problem. I have a cooler full of cold leftover beer in the trunk of the car, and I want to slip out and grab two, but the gf doesn't know I have a huge stash out there. So, I am now waiting for her to go to sleep before I make a beer run to the parking lot.

I'm thinking about slipping her an Ambien.

5. three_bags_full

Maybe I don't know the backstory, but why would your girlfriend care if you grab a couple of leftover beers?

6. Vombatus

I'm on a major diet (lost 50 pounds so far), working out, 1100 calorie / day diet, and any beer is a bit of a step backwards. Thus, beer = doghouse.

7. three_bags_full

Ah. That'll do it. But losing 50 pounds sounds like a reason for a beer, to me.

Big Circus and Vombatus like this.
  8. Vombatus

My thinking too, but not hers. I plateaued around 206 for the past three weeks and she wants to see more progress.

Hey, two quick questions before I make my beer run:

1) What precautions are you taking against the Zika virus?

2) Is prostitution legal there? Maybe I am thinking of Costa Rica. Not that I would, but it makes me wonder about cultural differences that would allow that, whether it works from the less crime, less human trafficking, less disease, etc. points of view.

9. Vombatus

Ok, beer run complete.

Natty B'oh chugged. (Hey, it's a Baltimore thing.)

Narragansett chugged.

Goodnight all!

10. three_bags_full

1.) There's really not a whole lot you can do to protect against the Zika virus, at this point. Other than wearing long pants and sleeves and insect repellant, not much you can do. The mosquitoes that spread Zika bite mostly during the daytime. During the day, I wear long pants and sleeves with my uniform, which can be treated with permethrin.

2.) Prostitution is not legal in Honduras. However, it is rampant throughout Central America. In Belize last week, it was blatantly obvious everywhere you went. Wherever the drug trade goes, human trafficking follows. I haven't travelled too much in the populated areas of Honduras yet, and likely won't, quite honestly. Just not much reason for me to go anywhere other than Tegucigalpa to the airport. I travel a lot for work -- Guatemala two weeks ago, Belize last week, Panama next month -- so I don't feel the need to do a whole lot of vacationing here.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I hardly get to drink anymore.
    I don't gamble anymore. I barely smoke.
    I spend no money on myself, for the most part. Over-priced coffee is my indulgence now.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Longshoreman's Daughter Coffee Roaster, Ethiopia and Central America dark roast.

YankeeFan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted