1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2016 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Bill Snyder said there are two former Big 12 schools that he's aware of that want back in. Feels like bullshit to me, but could it be possible? Texas A&M is a big no fucking way. I don't see Missouri coming back with its tail between its legs even if there was some kind of desire to. Would either Colorado or Nebraska do it? Seems doubtful.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Colorado I could see. Nobody on the West Coast views them as a Pac-12 school and they are stuck with the Utards as their "natural" rival.

Nebraska? NFW. They are making way too much money in the Big Ten, and are affiliated with some of the best public universities in the country.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Colorado is the only one that makes even partial sense, and even that one is shaky. TAMU would never come back unless the terms were so humiliating to UT the Longhorns would shitcan the whole deal.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Maybe he means Drake and Grinnell. They are former Big 8 members.

HanSenSE and exmediahack like this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Phillips and Southwestern could reunite with their old SWC buddies. Of course Phillips would need to re-establish a school first.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

For Big XII: Get Cincinnati and Colorado State. That throws a slight bone to WVU and gets them back in the Denver market. Get Memphis and Houston if you must get to 14.

I would kick Baylor the hell out regardless.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If the purpose is to get the SWC band back together like some Texas politicians are demagoguing, the only viable option is Cougar High.

Rice and SMU are nowhere near ready for prime time in football, which is really the only thing that counts, like it or not. I haven't heard Tulsa mentioned as a possibility and they're actually decent more often than not. Probably cockblocked by OU and OSU.

exmediahack likes this.
  8. dixiehack

Sentiment among Texas fans is growing to bail for another conference as soon as this round of TV contracts expires. If that happens, it almost doesn't matter if the Big XII expands or who they get.

9. dixiehack

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Pac-12 won't put up with Texas' shit.

ACC? With Notre Dame, they don't need them.

Big Ten? See Pac-12.

SEC? Hahahahahaha.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I can't see the SEC or Big 10 being okay with Texas having their own network. Texas needs to accept the fact that every other hot chick in town will make them get rid of the Harley and drive the kids to soccer once a week.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Former Michigan State punter Mike Sadler also died in the wreck, and LSU kicker Colby Delahoussaye was in the car but got out with relatively minor injuries. They were all attending a kicking camp in Wisconsin. Their car skidded off the road, hit a tree and caught fire. Delahoussaye was in the backseat and lived. The other two were up front and didn't.

'Luckily, he was in the backseat': LSU kicker Colby Delahoussaye injured in Wisconsin car crash that killed Nebraska, Michigan State players

Draft saved Draft deleted