1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Founders centennial

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

A lot ...

Fly, dixiehack, Jake_Taylor and 3 others like this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pot of Organic Dark from the Vermont Coffee Company

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Last night my wife and I drank the Schlafly's Hop Trial pack.
    4 Golden Ales, each with a different hop. So basically a SMaSH (Single Malt & Single Hop) experiment.
    I really liked the Australian hop: Enigma the best. Second best was the English hop: Brambling Cross.
    They actually were all pretty good. American is Eureka and Germany was Hallertau Blanc.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Last night: Alpine Duet and Firestone Walker Union Jack.

Right now: Coffee

Later today: Biking over to Triple Crossing in 100 degree heat for a Nectar and Knife DIPA. Then we'll see where the evening takes me ...

Also, I've gotten old. I used to love drinking beer at home and then going out for a bit late. Now, I love going to happy hour for a few beers and dinner and finishing the night at home watching baseball or Netflix.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That's not getting old. That's getting smarter in this day and age.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That, and being around wasted 20 somethings just ain't my bag any more. Day drinking is where it's at.

Vombatus and JackReacher like this.
  8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Tito's and those $1 flavored waters you can get at the grocery store. Cherry Limeade at the moment.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Went to the movies to get out of the heat. They have a small bar at the multiplex in White Plains and I had 15 minutes to kill before the show, so I went in and asked for a Ketel on the rocks. The girl at the bar was a complete newbie and poured about a triple for me. Then there was only a little left in the bottle, so she poured the rest into my glass. I gave her a $4 tip. Home now having a Dale's Pale Ale.

JC likes this.
  10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Were you locked out of your house?

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I have an old Tudor house with casement windows and I only have one AC unit downstairs, which fits in a sleeve through a wall in the back of the house. It struggles to keep up on days like this. It hit 95 here today.

Anyway, cool dark movie theaters always seem like a good destination in really hot weather. Also, I highly recommend The Infiltrator with Bryan Cranston.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

A Chilean cab, but I'm switching to missiles, soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted