1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US-based freelance sportswriters wanted

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by Kyle Hancox, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Kyle Hancox

Kyle Hancox New Member

Do you know your WWE from your NXT? Your 4-3 defenses from your 3-4's?

GiveMeSport is looking for US-based freelancers to cover a broad range of US-Based sports and compliment our existing US edition team based in London.

With previous experience of writing about sport for the web, you'll be joining our freelancer pool and expected to cover six-hour shifts, available on a first-come first-served basis, within our rota.

Working alongside GiveMeSport's US team leader, you'll be expected to write up news as soon as it breaks, keep an eye out for the best stories before they go viral and then post your content out to our Facebook page with 25 million fans.

Social Media training/experience, particularly on Facebook, is a desirable.Please get in touch with your details for more information.

Please contact: pete.south@sportsnewmedia.com

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Are these paid positions?

3. Garrett Miley

Garrett Miley New Member

4. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Doubt it. I reached out to Kyle about his ad looking for freelancers in NBA markets back in early May, and he seemed to be impressed with my resume (30-plus years experience) and proximity to the local NBA franchise ... until I mentioned money. Haven't heard from him since. Take that for what it's worth.

5. TurnTwo2

TurnTwo2 Member

From what I understand, they DO pay, but most of their content is clickbait trash no self-respecting person should have the desire to create.

Draft saved Draft deleted