1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Also, let it be known that he didn't break a good policy. He didn't break a bad policy. He broke THE policy.

Thank you, I'll be here all night.

jpetrie18, JimmyHoward33 and Batman like this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Was it a PED violation or a drug use (weed, painkillers, whatever) violation?

3. Baron Scicluna

They don't usually say. Any info usually either gets leaked out, or the guy says what he did himself.

I think it was Hornswoggle who had a violation and the only thing he did was he wasn't able to produce a usable urine sample during the required timeframe, so he got punished.

4. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

You know the fans are going to absolutely roast him at Battleground, if that is where he's coming back ...

"Just ... say no!"
    "Drugs ... are bad!"

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I meant the drug suspensions.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

IIRC, for Orton's suspensions they either mentioned it briefly or not at all. It's the WWE - it's plenty easy to just sideline a guy for a month, whether you do via a beatdown angle or just don't mention him at all. In a way, this could be a blessing in disguise for Roman. They've invested so much in him, there's no way they would cut him, and a month off TV might give time for Ambrose to become a top face in his absence. Then, you slide Roman over to heel when he comes back.

7. Reigns has to be heel now. There's no chance in hell *hi-hat, cymbal crash* that he can come back and have the support of the fans, especially with Ambrose's star rising finally.

8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Twitter has been vicious to Roman. Two of my faves:

"He's not a bad guy. He's not a good guy. But he knows a guy."

"Roman has granted more wishes in one day than than Cena has his whole career."

jpetrie18 likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

I saw both of those at Cageside Seats forums. Made me laugh, too.

10. nietsroob17

Kofi and the New Day recreate Austin's famous 3:16 speech.

Batman and clintrichardson like this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Hah, that's good stuff.

12. nietsroob17

And here's more of a montage of different folks doing it, including Michael Hayes.

Hmm ... I wonder whatever happened to Dok Hendrix. Did he run off with Todd Pettengill never to be seen again?

Draft saved Draft deleted