1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015-16 NBA Thread (feat. the Wives)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Goddamn I can't stand Steven A. Mrs. Spartan fell asleep watching a recorded show so ESPN News was on with a rerun of First Take when I finally came to bed. Steven A basically said the Warriors shouldn't be heavy favorites (75 percent based on whatever voodoo metric ESPN uses) because LeBron will drive the lane, something nonsensical about Irving and finally because we need to consider LeBron's legacy. Dafaq does King James can't be King James without the crown that GSW has have anything to do with these finals? The whole narrative right now is who on the Cavs will play good enough defense to slow the Warriors and this fucker is going on about LeBron's legacy will be an X factor? I can't wait until ESPN stops publically fellating LeBron which I understand may well be never.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Office? I assumed the friend was coming out of his bedroom.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

1996 Bulls vs. 2016 Warriors is actually pretty interesting.

Ron Harper, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Luc Longley

Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Andre Igoudala, Andrew Bogut

Golden State would be in trouble if they got into a slow it down, muck it up game with the Bulls.
    Chicago would be in trouble if they got it out of the net, ran to the other end and put up the first open look contest with the Warriors.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

The problem that tends to get overlooked when this hypothetical is posed is that we're playing by two sets of rules. A player like Dennis Rodman would be fouling out by halftime if he played the same way he did in the 90s under today's rules. But likewise a player like Curry would also not be as effective if defenders could constantly handcheck him, as guards were allowed to do back then.

So not sure how you address who'd win between the 96 Bulls and these Warriors without first answering a preliminary question: Whose rules are we playing by?

Batman and sgreenwell like this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

"If you put the Warriors in that elite category, you’re an idiot who must think basketball began when Golden State won the title last June. If you don’t put them in that elite category, you’re an idiot who should be tested for extreme levels of nostalgia."
    Stop ranking the Golden State Warriors and just enjoy them

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

To say nothing of Kerr the coach trying to defend Kerr the player.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Kerr the coach knows all the Bulls secrets. Advantage Warriors.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Turning back to the normal rules of space-time continuum ....

I'll say Warriors in five here, though I am kind of leaning toward sweep. I don't know how Cleveland makes up for Love and Irving on defense.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Jordan. Advantage Bullz.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Winners win

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That would be crushing for LeBron to go down in 5

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

In what year do you think we'll have a Finals, and there won't be a comparison in some way to Jordan and the Bulls?
    It'll never happen in our lifetime.

Draft saved Draft deleted