1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Ask Dreyfuss if he needs some more mashed potatoes ...

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I now have this fresh vision of hell where Donald Trump and Skip Bayless do a two hour programming block every weekday.

Inky_Wretch and HanSenSE like this.
  4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Seriously? Who?????

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Man, I haven't sung "Im tirtzu, ein zo agada" in ages. Always a favorite at summer camp.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They should rebrand him as David Freedom.

7. YankeeFan

People just do not like Hillary.

I guess they figured the, "who would you rather have a beer with," question wouldn't be fair for a female candidate, and went with a more timely question for Memorial Day.

Trump clobbers her.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm ok with it as long as she out-polls Trump on the question, "Which candidate would you prefer to be the next president?"

Deskgrunt50 and doctorquant like this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I agree with you that he's likely going to win, but this question almost isn't fair. We all know how entertaining he is.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My biggest fears about Trump have nothing to do with the Wall or Muslims or World War III. Not directly. I feel like I learned a very long time ago that his crackerjack business persona was a bit of a front, that he had had some stunning misfires, and that he moved into a second act as a reality television star. So I guess that's what concerns me: Is he actually a total fuck-up? His lack of ability to answer substantive questions throughout this hasn't quieted my concerns. I do like him more than I used to, though, at the start of all of this.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'm growing more convinced that the reason he won't release his tax forms is because he is merely rich as opposed to unimaginably wealthy, and piercing that illusion could halt his momentum.

He made a big deal recently about how he isn't going to be investing much in data analytics, he's never invested much in TV commercials, etc. And while he's done a good job selling that as the gutsy moves of an authentic maverick, it could easily be that he's hoarding pennies. The whole key could be how deftly he can sell raising money from all the "crooked" people he said he didn't need money from in the primary. And I don't doubt that he can pull it off. He's a con artist, but he's an elite, first ballot HOF con.

12. YankeeFan

Charlie loves Bill Weld, because of course he does.

Now imagine what he'd be saying about him if he was on the Republican ticket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.